Sunday, November 22, 2009

That's Me In The Corner

I am thankful for my religion.I think that the majority of religions in the world can help people become better. I think that a belief in a supreme being can help people get through difficult times. I think that a belief in life after death helps people try and make good choices.

I am thankful that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am thankful for the knowledge of my purpose in life. I am thankful to know that I can be together with my family forever. I am thankful that God still speaks to us through his prophets. I am thankful for scriptures to provide guidance in my daily life. I am thankful for missionaries who share these teachings with the world. Most importantly, I am thankful for Jesus Christ's willingness to give his life to make God's plan work. I am thankful that,through Him, I can live with God again.When discussing my religion with others close to me, a major point that comes up is the amount of time that we dedicate to it. It does take up a lot of time. Like a lot of people, I have contemplated the idea that there is no life after this one. I wonder if I would have any regrets. Would I regret the amount of time spent and the things required of living my religion? No. Even if what I believed in turned out to be false, I would not have wanted to live my life a different way. I am thankful for the type of person that living my religion has made me. I hope that the general feeling is that I am a good person and I owe that to the concepts taught by the gospel. I am happy because of it, I have hope because of it, and I have stability because of it. So, I am thankful for my religion.

2 comments:

Debra said...

Nice...
The gospel is true...
It gives us such great hope...
and you ARE a great person...

Cecily said...

Beautiful!
TRUTH!
You ARE GREAT, not good, GREAT.
Love ya!