Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mysterious?


I am thankful for the Hot Wheels Mystery Car. Mystery and surprises are some of my favorite things. And if I can purchase such things for cheap, it makes them even better. I like going to the store and buying these with Geronimo. Then we take them home and see who gets the better car. Geronimo always wins, because he ends up with both of the cars. But it is worth the surprise. This isn't the only item that I have this fascination with. I used to have a major problem with buying tons of McDonald's hash browns (a.k.a. cash browns) during their Monopoly promotion. Buying a cash brown would often result in a free food item, and often would not result in anything. But the suspense was worth the risk(now that I have started watching what I eat, I don't participate any more). In my early married years I would make Sara buy "Surprise Bags" from the local supermarket. They were bags filled with various cheap toys and candy. We would open ours and take out one item at a time to see who would end up with the better bag. As time went by, the bags were much harder to find. To this day I wonder if Sara had requested they get rid of them. When I was a missionary there were these hollow chocolate eggs called Kinder Eggs. Inside the chocolate would be a plastic egg with a toy surprise inside. I would always battle with my companion to see who get the better prize. The chocolate wasn't even that good, but the possibility of scoring a Fred Flintstone or Dino was well worth it. I think this whole enjoyment of the little surprise was what caused me to collect sports cards. I cared a little bit about the value of the cards and what players were on them, but that was little compared to the anticipation of opening a pack and seeing what I got. So, I am thankful for Hot Wheels Mystery Cars.

No comments: