Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Oompa Loompa

I am thankful for Willy Wonka. I honestly don't know how this guy hasn't won a Nobel Prize yet. Because of him we have not one, but two great movies.Willy gave us a new term for people who aren't very tall, and a bonus tune to hum around them.
And though those are all great things, those aren't even the best things we have to thank Willy for. The movies place most of the focus on his chocolate bars.
But that is just the beginning of all the sugary deliciousness that he has made available to us.
Candy wouldn't really be candy without Willy Wonka. And he doesn't stop providing us with new items.
Who can remember a childhood without sitting on the curb enjoying some Fun Dip? Nobody.
Would life really be the same without having tasted the everlastingness of a Gobstopper?
And who can forget my personal favorite, Bottle Caps. I still can't see these in the store and walk away. I secretly sneak them to work and avoid the wrath of my dental assistant wife. (Whoops! We probably should keep that on the down-low. It will be our little secret.)

And the list goes on and on. You probably have a favorite Willy Wonka candy too. So, I am thankful for Willy Wonka.

3 comments:

Elizabeth J. said...

Okay totally going to watch the movie now. The Johnny Deep one...of course.

And we have recently discovered that Megan LOVES Bottlecaps.

museumeg said...

I love Bottlecaps. They seriously taste like the soda!

Sara Kelley said...

i could really go the rest of my life and not eat any willy wonka candy again and be completely happy. that's the kind of candy that just doen't do it for me...
oh, and seriously?? sneaking candy?? what am i going to do with you? i guess it's ok since i think your cleaning appointment is coming up soon...sweet revenge...