Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

One of my cousins suggested that I say that I am not thankful for my wife, but am thankful for my cousin instead. I was shocked by the suggestion, because I am always thankful for my wife and couldn't fathom someone thinking otherwise. I won't mention which cousin it was.
I am thankful for Sara(h), my cousin. I am thankful for the extra puff of breath that the 'h' at the end of her name causes. I don't know what I would do without her. Sara(h) is tied for the title of Favorite Cousin Whose Name Ends With the -uh Sound (Along with Vanessa and Melissa. Sorry Samantha). If it weren't for her, how would we have tested the integrity of the sliding glass door at Grandma Rich's house? Somebody could have seriously gotten hurt, and we wouldn't have thought to put stickers on the new glass.
Without Sara(h) we probably wouldn't have had C-Money marry into the family (Don't worry Liz, your secret crush is still safe with me).
Without Sara(h) I wouldn't know what I would eat whilst in Las Vegas. Sara(h) fancies herself to be the family secretary. She does a pretty good job of it. If we ever want to know a birthday, phone number, or address of another family member, we ask Sara(h).
If there is a family event, you always expect Sara(h) to be a part of it.Sara(h) has a "lovely singing voice"-Morrissey (from Sing Your Life). She has a decent sense of humor and is involved in so many things that I have suspected she might be a zombie at times (because they don't sleep). All things considered, Sara(h) is pretty darn o.k.So, I am thankful for my cousin, Sara(h) (but I am most likely more thankful for my wife, Sara).

3 comments:

Sarah said...

NICE!!!! You may think that cutting me out of the pictures makes me sad. But, I actually quite enjoy not being in them! I didn't use the word "instead" when telling you what your next blog should be. I just didn't want there to be any confusion between the Sara(h)s. Can't wait to see what's coming next!

Sara Kelley said...

i'm thankful for sara(h) also...she's awesome! i'm also thankful that you're more thankful for me.

Debra said...

What a great gal...