Sunday, November 15, 2009

Eat Fresh


I am thankful for Subway. About 25 pounds ago, I thought people with their pants hanging below their buttocks were a bunch of young punks who were boycotting belts. I have started to realize recently that maybe they have just dropped a bunch of weight and haven't had time to get better fitting clothes. A while back I finally started feeling like my ankle was as good as it was going to get. I realized that I could stand to drop a few pounds, so I decided to actually start working toward getting back into shape. More than anything, I knew that I needed to start changing my eating habits. It wasn't going to be easy to limit the late night runs to Tommy's, and I knew that I would get some flack for drinking white water (a.k.a. skim milk), but it was something that needed to be done to reverse my progression toward becoming Augustus Gloop. I think the one thing that gave me the final push was Subway. I knew that I could eat healthy and actually like what I ate (Thanks for all that advertising, Jared). Even at Subway, I had to make some changes to what I ate. I went from ordering The Joshua (Meatball with pickles, olives, lettuce, mustard, mayo, avocado on Italian bread) to Cold Cut Combos, Sweet Onion Teriyaki, or Black Forest Ham on wheat. After making changes to my diet I added some almost daily exercise and I have turned my former plumpness into a chiseled model of exquisiteness. I know this to be the case, because every pool party I get invited to requests that I wear my Speedo. The downfall to all of this is that I can't seem to keep my pants on, but nobody seems to be complaining. So, I am thankful for Subway.

2 comments:

Debra said...

Good work Josh....
You are awesome....

Elizabeth J. said...

ME TOO. I wouldn't have survived this last year without Subway!