Monday, September 14, 2009

Will Blog For Food

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Current mood:spurloinky

I can't recall if I have mentioned it before, but I find homeless people to be interesting. There is a guy who I pass by almost every day on my way to work. He is right on the corner of Hill off of the 210 West exit. He and I will make eye contact almost every time, and a lot of the time I just miss the light so we compete in this bizzaro staredown until the light changes. I have a lot of questions I want him to answer. His sign says, "Homeless. Please Help". I want to know why it mentions nothing about working. He looks to be about 10 years older than me. The penmanship seems rather good, so I wonder if he made the sign himself. I wondered if he would like a larger sign, but it does have some folds in it so I think he keeps it in his pocket. He seems very clean for a homeless person and is usually well shaven also. Where is he cleaning himself up at if he doesn't have a home? I also notice him smoking every so often and don't understand how he can afford cigarettes if he is homeless. I got to a point where I was ready to ask him his name, and then my window broke. To be more accurate the device that lowers and raises my window broke. So, I would have to open my door to carry on a conversation with him. I don't want to scare him, so I will wait until that gets fixed, but it would be nice to at least know his name so I could greet him by name in the mornings. We'll have to wait and see.


Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Current mood:Lance Briggs is a beast!
Tomorrow marks the beginning of Black History Month. I know about all the jokes that it is the shortest month of the year, so keep those to yourselves. I'm not aware of White History Month, but maybe I am just out of the loop. I don't know how to celebrate Black History Month, but will research it in the next couple of days and keep you posted.

I noticed a homeless person on my drive this morning who had a shopping cart (which seems to be the preferred mode of transportation for the homeless, kind of like a no-budget motorhome) filled with his or her (it was hard to tell) belongings. Sitting on top of this 8 foot high mobile storage unit was a dog. The homeless person had taken on a pet! I think that if you are homeless and you decide to get a pet, you have pretty much come to terms with being homeless. It seems like the desire to overcome poverty is no longer involved. Maybe they are now comfortable being homeless. I guess they wouldn't have to worry too much about feeding the dog, because the dog was probably already surviving on the streets. Now that I think about it, there is the possibility that this person had the dog as a pet before becoming homeless. That would be a very supportive dog to stick around. I wonder if it had a dog house before and is now a homeless dog? I thought I heard someone on T.V. say that L.A. is the homeless capital of the country, but don't know the facts involved with that statement.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Current mood:Thomas Jones!

Today is the first day of Black History Month and in my brief study of how to celebrate this month it occurs to me that the first thing I need to do is learn about Black History. Two good websites I have found to help with this are:

History.com

and

Biography.com

Check these two sites out for now to learn about the invention of the "Jenny Coupler" and many other great Black accomplishments. Ironically, gangsta rap was not invented by a Black person, but by a Jewish man named Adirondak Steiner. I'll update you with more knowledge about how to celebrate as I obtain it.

I saw the homeless guy on Hill again this morning and almost opened my door to talk to him. I now have a goal to fix my window. Having to open the door at drive-thru's and to swipe my parking pass twice a day at work wasn't enough to get me to fix it, but I can't keep going on without knowing his name. As I saw him today, I remembered that there was a homeless guy in the movie Bruce Almighty. The message on his cardboard sign changed throughout the movie and I think it would be a good idea to make up signs with the same messages for the homeless guy on Hill. Then he could rotate them and keep the regular passers-by interested in his plight. I wonder how many people would catch on? Now I have to find out what it said on those signs. I wonder how difficult it will be to convince him to abandon his "Homeless, please help" sign for a while. Maybe I should get to know his name first. I saw the homeless pet owner again this morning. The dog was still on top of the stack. There was a homeless guy who I used to see quite a bit on Colorado. He was usually shirtless and had a walkman. He would start randomly busting a move on different street corners. It was enjoyable to watch the reaction of the other pedestrians. I haven't seen him in a while though. Perhaps he found a home.




Friday, February 02, 2007

Current mood:Devin Hester!

I saw the homeless guy again this morning. It seems like I get stopped at that light every morning. I haven't been there on the weekend to see if he only has a five day work week too, but I bet he doesn't take much time off. However, I don't notice him on my drive home, so maybe it is a 40 hour week spread out over 7 days. I feel like I should bring him something for breakfast when I finally ask him his name. Maybe a breakfast bar or something. The timing of the light has to be pretty good to carry on any type of conversation with him, but based on my past encounters it shouldn't be too hard.




Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Current mood:sore

Well, I hope this morning isn't an indication of how my day is going to be. As I exited the freeway at Hill I didn't see the homeless guy. Since he wasn't there, I looked to the car on my right just in time to see an old guy shove his finger up his nose. I turned away just before he pulled out his buried treasure. I did do my research on the homeless guy's signs in Bruce Almighty. Here they are:

R EWE BLIND

LOOK TO YOURSELF

LIFE IS JUST

THY KINGDUMB COME

ALL FOR WON

GOD BEE GOOD HONEY

Bruce: (with his own sign) WHATEVER HE SAID ->

ARMAGEDDON OUTA HERE

I seem to remember them being much more entertaining in the movie. Maybe I will come up with some of my own. I keep jumping ahead of myself though. I still haven't introduced myself to the guy.

2 comments:

Sara Kelley said...

you still haven't fixed your window...

januvia 50 mg price in india said...

There are many ways to monetize a food blog and start earning from your recipes. Here are some of the most effective ways to monetize a food blog. The most effective strategy for making money from a recipe blog is to sell your own products or digital downloads. To get more information online ed prescription from mens ed pills.