Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Facebook Wins!

A long time ago in an internet far, far away I utilized a thing called MySpace. In the beginning it was good. As time passed it was attacked by spam and too many people taking pictures of themselves in the mirror. It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but there was one feature that caused me to stop frequenting it: My blog. In the early days of me filling the internets with my thoughts, it used to be through MySpace. As my frustration grew with the limited access for outsiders and whole posts being lost in internet space, I eventually came to know Blogger. Then Facebook came along and stole my heart. Why is this important to you? Because, you may not be aware that there have been previous blog posts not on this blog. And, you may not be aware that I have set next Tuesday as the day I delete my MySpace account, denying you the opportunity to ever see those blog posts again (no need to cry about it). For this reason I am including this link for you to check out the previous blog posts before they are gone. I promise that if you read them, your eyes will probably still work afterward.

As an added service to you, I will be posting highlights from the former blog up until next Tuesday. I figured that today I would begin with the blog post that started it all:

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Current mood: curious
What branch of the service did General Mills serve in? I bet that he was involved in preparing meals in some sort of capacity. I also think that he somehow became a 4 star general and utilized that in his future profession as a restaurant critic. We can probably thank him for the whole star grading system. Along with his many magically delicious breakfast cereals. Why isn't this guy featured on the History Channel?

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Current mood: cynical
Is it just me, or do these ads for medicine keep getting more and more ridiculous? "Hi, I have genital herpes" Really, thanks for sharing that with the whole world. I know that you are an actor, but now you will be known as the actor from the herpes commercial. That isn't even the worst. Do you ever listen to all the possible side effects of these drugs? "Some of the side effects of this bowel medication may be worse diarreah, bloody stool, serious itching, and possible death" How many people are thinking that their diarreah is so bad that they are willing to risk death to get their bowels back to normal? And finally what about those erectile dysfunction drugs? The ad says "erections lasting longer than 4 hours should seek immediate medical attention" Their are so many wrong things about that statement. First of all, who sets a timer when the troops start to stand at attention. Secondly, I would think that the possibility of having to go to the emergency room with that problem would be embarassing enough to deter people from using the drug. Can you imagine that conversation:
Receptionist: What are you here for today sir?
Mr. Over 4 hours: I really don't want to say it out loud.
Receptionist: Well then just lean over the counter and whisper your problem to me.
Mr. Over 4 hours: I am trying, but I can't get close enough.
Receptionist: Why, is something in your way? Oh, now I see the problem. Go sit down and put a coat in your lap. The doctor will see you in a minute.

And then I am thinking what the doctor is going to do.
Doctor: O.K. Mr. Over 4 hours, don't worry I have seen this problem before. Go sit in room 4. Nurse, go get the video of the 300 pound guy eating Fritos in the nude for Mr. Over 4 hours to watch in room 4.

1 comment:

deesha said...

That reminded me of the episode of "Friends" when Joey was on the billboard for a VD? I think his family told him they didn't want him to come home for Thanksgiving. That's great that you at least realize they are actors.

I just deleted my myspace account too.