Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rewind

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Current mood:I secretly enjoy watching Big Brother

I typed a couple of paragraphs and then it disappeared. Myspace has been sucking lately, or is it just me? We received a letter today from Skyler's future school (I know, I can't believe she is old enough to go to Kindergarden already either. In Ecuador they just call it Kinder, which I think comes from Germany, so that is what I am going to call it from now on too. Coincidently, Kinder is also a german producer of delicious chocolates. You can find out more about them hereKinder Chocolate. Their chocolate eggs with toys inside are awesome.) I seem to have diverted off topic. So we get a letter from Kinder that describes the dress code and mentions that the kids are supposed to wear uniforms. Sara and I are both vehemently opposed to making kids wear uniforms, especially in public school. I am sure that some geek-wad has done "research" about how beneficial uniforms are, but I am not buying it. I think that clothing allows for self-expression and a chance to develop individuality. Of course, the school sells the uniforms, which I'm sure is only done out of convenience to the parents. (I don't think that the sarcasm was apparent in the last sentence). I guess they want to keep the kids from sporting their gang colors. I didn't know that the gangs were recruiting so young. Uniforms must be a better solution than me sitting down and telling Skyler not to join the Kinder Klux Klan or the Kinder Crips. Although, the school colors are blue, so I think I will try and steer her toward the Crips. Beware of 5 year old thugs.


Monday, August 21, 2006

Current mood:I like saying, "Fire Crotch!"

Today marks seven years since Sara agreed to a life of everlasting Joshua. I have no doubt that she is perfect for me. Here is an example as to why. This is a recent conversation that Sara and I had:

Joshua: I was at work today and saw what looked like a Dad's root beer candy in the hallway. So I picked it up and opened it.

Sara: It was in the hallway of your office or of the building?

Joshua: Of the building.

Sara: (rolls her eyes as if to say, "Why did I even need to ask?")

Joshua: So, I opened it and popped it into my mouth expecting it to be a root beer candy, but it tasted a little weird. So, I looked at the wrapper and sure enough it is a Dad's Root Beer Cough Drop. Isn't that awesome?

Sara: Why?

Joshua: Because they make root beer cough drops! I think it came from Walgreens.

Sara: We have credit there. Do you want me to get you some?

Not only has she accepted the fact that she is married to someone who will eat something they found on the ground, but she immediately offers to supply me with more of the item I ate! I don't think it gets any better than that.


Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Current mood:The skeleton is cold at night

I saw the Ballad of Ricky Bobby and it was good. My cheeks are still sore from all the laughing (I feel the need to emphasize that I am talking about the cheeks on my face). Sara enjoyed the movie enough to want to give Anchorman another try. We topped the day off with a wonderful meal at Fatburger. I had a King burger with chili, but decided that I will not have chili in the future. I like the chili(but it is not close to being as good as Tommy's), but I think what makes Fatburger so good are the other condiments that they have. It seemed like the chili was trying to distract my tastebuds from the really good stuff.

I thought that I was happy with a new station on the FM dial, but I may be wrong. Sara's favorite station was KZLA(93.9). I say was, because it is no longer in operation. That wanna be country garbage they were playing was replaced by a station now going by the name Movin or Grovin or something along that line. I thought I would be happy because Sara has found great joy in my heartache over 103.1. 103.1 has been my favorite station at least three different times and has been disposed of each time. It used to play electronica and then rock en espanol and then alternative, and currently plays indie music, but it just isn't the same. Sara seemed to find humor in this at the time, but now karma has shown it's ugly face and she is without her favorite station. I set all the presets in the car to 93.9 to remind her of KZLA's non existence, which she didn't appreciate. So, I listened to it the other day and they played Daft Punk, Shakira, and Grand Master Flash all in a row. I thought that it was a station that I could grow to like until I heard the advertisement that Rick Deez was going to be doing their morning show. We all know that if you add too much of Deez to anything, it turns out being horrible.


Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Current mood:Missing my hair
Another Election Day is upon us. I am so glad that it is finally here, so I can not vote and then be able to experience normal commercials. I have voted only once in my life, to try and get Gary Coleman into the Governor's office. I don't believe in the voting process too much. I don't trust polititians and would only be voting for the lesser evil. I did find Cruz Bustamante's ad campaign to be very good. He says that since he lost 70 lbs., I should vote for him. Why not? After all, I am sure that weight loss is an important factor in my insurance prices. It's just as good as the reasons other candidates give me to vote for them. I hate the commercials where one candidate rips the other candidate. I would like to hear them tell me why I should vote for them instead of why I shouldn't vote for their opponent. The day I see that will probably be the day I make it out to the polls again. Good thing that John Kerry isn't up for election this year. That guy is a major douche. I'm sure all the military is very proud that he served in the Vietnam War.

Back to Cruz Bustamante's weight loss. You shouldn't vote for me, because I have been pushing 2 bills on the scale lately. I weighed in at 197.4 today, which is the lowest I have been in a few weeks. I broke the 200 barrier the day of our office taco eating tournament. I ate 11 carne asada tacos and 1 chicken taco from King Taco in 30 minutes, only to take 2nd place by 1/2 a taco. I put on 3 pounds in that 1/2 hour. If 12 tacos doesn't seem like alot, I challenge you to try it.

I don't mind weighing that much, because it is a pretty ideal weight for my height, but it seems like all the weight I have put on is flubber and not muscle. I would post a picture of my gut on here, but terms in my modeling contract prohibit me from showing my belly button. You will just have to use your imagination. I can attribute my gain to a few things. I know that playing basketball once a week really doesn't count as enough exercise to drop the fat that I am now intaking. My wife can make some very tasty meals, but I think the factor that contributes the most is all the good food that these fast food places make. I don't know how Jared lost all those pounds, but he must not have been eating "The Joshua" meatball special. If you are not familiar with The Joshua, it is just your typical meatball sub on white bread with white cheese, lettuce, pickles, olives, mustard, mayo, salt & pepper, and topped off with avacado. I am thinking of adding honey mustard to it one of these days too. Doesn't that sound healthy? Along with that tasty treat, Jack-In-The-Box (or as Mike would say Barf-In-The-Bag) has come out with The Outlaw Burger. It feels so good when it hits your lips. It is a cheese burger with onion rings, bacon, and bbq sauce. I think it is for a limited time, so don't miss out. I also enjoyed a Tops Special last week. It never disappoints. It is a cheese burger engulfed in pastrami, with strategically placed mustard. Add to that the fact that Wendy's has a new Wild Buffalo Ranch sauce, that burns so good on their chicken nuggets, and I am in major trouble. If that wasn't enough, the McRib is back! I don't know who is conspiring to chunk me up, but they win. I can only withstand so much temptation.

1 comment:

junavia said...

It rewinds time "memes are used for general memories and child-like entertainment in the daytime. Tax memes hint at the plot halls of stories and movies. In the age of the internet, the past is always a few clicks away. To get more information buy generic sildenafil from erectile dysfunction pills.