Saturday, June 28, 2008

What's on Your List?

We watched "The Bucket List" tonight. I say we, because Sara and I started watching it together, but she fell asleep. That is strange, because that has never happened in the past (typed with sarcasm). I personally enjoyed the movie. However, I think that Morgan Freeman is the best actor in the world, so I may be a little biased. I really like movies that cause you to self-analyze your life. And essentially, this is one of those movies. The bucket list is a list of things to do before you die. While I can see how this movie would inspire people to sit down and make their own bucket lists, my laziness has overpowered that desire. Justin Zackham wrote the movie and mentions in the special features that there will soon be a book full of various bucket lists. I do have a desire to read the book, which is surprising because reading makes me fall asleep. At the end of the book there is going to be an empty page for you to write your own list. I think I will wait until I get to that point, but I think it will be interesting to read. Mr. Zackham said that the lists will be in order of the age of the person who wrote them. I wonder if there will be a pattern amongst the age groups. I wouldn't be surprised if the younger lists involved obtaining material things and the older lists focused more on experiencing things. Here is a John Mayer music video from the film: