Friday, June 13, 2008

Hello My Name is Dr. Greenthumb

I now know that I am capable of nurturing something to grow to be over 6 feet tall. This is a good thing, because we are really banking on Skyler's WNBA money to retire on. My major stress reducer used to be sports. Now that weekly basketball isn't an option, gardening has been a minor replacement. It still isn't nearly as enjoyable as basketball, but it does help. However, recently I have been feeling like I am getting really close to being able to play again. (I haven't mentioned any of this to Sara yet, so let's keep that on the down low). Now, back to my sunflowers. I am very proud of the fact that I planted the seeds that resulted in this. I don't recall ever having planted seeds that turned into flowers actually blooming. I water them almost every day and they are still growing. I have a ton of them growing and some of them are supposed to grow up to over 10 feet tall. Maybe then I can put the real Patrick Ewing in my garden.

3 comments:

Debra said...

Nice job....Nice flowers.........

Elizabeth J. said...

Those Sunflowers are freaking awesome. You think we could grow them on our balcony???

deesha said...

Impressive! Congrats!