Friday, June 6, 2008

The Boys of Summer

I know that most of us were enjoying watching Kobe and the Los Angeles Flakers lose game 1 of the NBA Finals to the Boston Celtics. However, while that was going on this was happening:
Click here to watch the video from the night before.



Then click here to watch the video that features the picture above.

Coco Crisp got lucky the above punch missed. Among the many wonderful things about baseball is the unwritten code. Coco took a cheap shot on one of the Rays the night before, so he got beaned as a result. The pitcher didn't throw at his head and the issue would have been put to rest if Coco would have just went to first base. I really liked Joe Madden as a bench coach for The Angels, and I like him even more now that he is the manager for The Rays (Who are sporting some very nice looking jerseys). I think I have officially been diagnosed with baseball fever.

4 comments:

Sara Kelley said...

i just love how when one sport is ending another one is beginning. actually, now that i think about it, i don't love it at all!

Anonymous said...

quiet down sara.

Anonymous said...

“I want to be very clear: I defend everything our guys did,” I said before Friday night’s game at Texas. “I feel actually proud of the way we handled the situation that was presented.”

Ken said...

They need to be reminded they're in a diamond, not an octagon!

or

"I went to the baseball game, and an MMA fight broke out!"