Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Creek May Be Dawson's, But Pacey Has Water Rights

I recently finished Season 2 of Dawson's Creek. I found this season to be just as full of unbelievable vocabulary for sophomores in high school. The acting really is entertaining for how bad it is. Joey is by far the worst, but everyone seems to have their moments. Everyone, except for Pacey. I don't know the intentions of the creators of the show, but Pacey seems to be the only decent person of the whole bunch. And his acting is reasonably believable. Dawson, on the other hand, just keeps getting more and more whiny and irritating. I can't decide which bothers me more, Dawson's self-pitying mope fests, or Joey's weird facial twitch. I won't go into details (so as not to spoil it for future viewers), but this season featured Joey and Dawson breaking up twice, somebody going crazy, the death of somebody that nobody could stand to be around anyway, and somebody coming out as gay (which I think is the modern day jumping the shark).

Here is the dialog of one of my favorite scenes from season 2:

Dawson: [drunk] Time to make a wish, okay...let's make a wish. I wish..I wish that my mom never slept with her co-anchor. I wish that my father would stop talking about actually getting a job and go out and get one! I wish the two of you would stop your petty bickering and at least pretend to be the adults around here! I wish that my friend Pacey would just end this transformation of this A-student, do-gooder, all-around sanctimonious angel and would go back to what he does best which is make me feel good about my life when his is supposed to be worse. And then there's Jen Lindley with her drunkenness and her revolving boyfriends and her wild, wicked ways. I want to party with you! Ah, and then there's Jack McPhee. Jack McPhee who likes guys but doesn't mind stealing my girlfriend! Tonight, ladies and gentlemen, starring in his very own version of In & Out. He's in, he's out! He's in! He's out! In, out! Nice hair by the way. And then, of course, there's my Joey. My sweet, precious Joey. The only 16-year-old in the world that needed to find herself. But you know what? That's okay. I accept it. You need to find yourself, and I accept it. So Joey! Joey? [looking everywhere, under tables, around people] Excuse me? Where's my Joey? Joey! There she is! There's my Joey!

That's right, Dawson said sanctimonious while he was drunk. This might be a good time to point out that if you double click on words in the blog, answers.com will give you more info on definitions and things of that nature. Here is the scene that preceded that lovely performance:



So, I decided to get season 3(how could I not after that awesome display?) and it took a while for it to get to me. I was being tempted to check out details about season 3 online, but luckily resisted long enough. I have the feeling that Pacey and Joey are going to get together in this season. I popped in the first disc of season 3 and this is what I saw:



What the damn is this? I'll admit that the "I don't want to wait for our lives to be over" song does get irritating, but at least I can associate it with Dawson's Creek. Now they want to poison me with some other crappy song? I hope they have learned the error of their ways for next season. I already have seasons 4 and 5 in my possession, so there won't be a torturous wait between seasons.

No comments: