Friday, July 18, 2008

FOR SARA


You know how sometimes you will do something for someone else, even though you won't be able to witness their reaction? For example, you are at someone's house and you change the T.V. to a Spanish channel, turn the volume up really loud, hide the remote and then leave. No?

Well, when I was a young buck my brothers and I would sometimes slide things under each others' doors. Sometimes we would do this when they were in their rooms with the door locked, or sometimes we would do it while they were gone. It was always something undesirable. A lot of times it involved sports cards. They were usually cards that weren't worth anything and featured either an unpleasant picture or a funny name. One prime example of this were John Wehner cards.I'm sure that Jed and Kyle would be happy to know that John Wehner still pops up
in the news every once in a while. They probably would also like to know that his nickname is Rock.

I still carry on this ritual today. Not with John Wehner cards (although I would enjoy receiving some to distribute), but with other items. In particular, I will rip out pages from magazines. I will then place them around the house for Sara to enjoy. The above picture of the cat doing the pee pee dance is one of a variety of cat bladder problem advertisements that have recently made the magazine rounds, and have been shared with Sara. After strategically placing the ads throughout the house I often sit and chuckle about what the look on Sara's face is like when she opens the bathroom cabinet to get her toothbrush and is greeted by an ad for breast pumps.

Does anybody else do something like this? I sometimes wonder if these acts aren't as funny as I imagine them to be, but I bet they are actually more funny. Anyway, I hope Sara likes the cat picture.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That's hilarious.

Ken said...

Much like McAlisterisms that are not world wide, it appears that the Kelleys have a whole book of "isms" that are all their own as well.

deesha said...

Good to know that you maintain strong family traditions. Sara is a very lucky girl!

TheOrttFamily said...

Thats pretty funny Josh!! I think I would alwasy be afraid at what i would find around the corner..hehe