Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Whole Lot of Shakin' Goin' On

We recently experienced an earthquake here in So. Cal. All the extended family in the area seem to be fine. It hit fairly close to my parents' house and my mom said that there is stuff all over the 2nd story. Everybody is safe though, so you can stop worrying about my recently acquired Ponch picture.

Update:

Per someone's request, you can find more details at CNN here: CA Earthquake

The epicenter is said to be near Diamond Bar, which is a few miles from my hometown of Walnut. It was 5.4, which translates to moderate. My mom was outside when the quake hit and was grateful for that because a lot of stuff fell out of cabinets, bookshelves, and even the attic. I am currently at work in Pasadena and it started off as a mild rumble and then we felt a quick jolt. After that the office tower swayed for a little bit. At first I thought to myself that we were having a small earthquake, but the jolt caused me to actually get out of my chair and move to a doorway. Like I said before, the Kelley Family is safe, and that is what matters most.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Who is National lottery?