Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Moment of Silence

Tuesday marked the end of Dikembe Mutombo's professional basketball career. Unfortunately, it was due to injury and not because of his choice. Dikembe has been my all-time favorite basketball player. I watched him play in his college days for Georgetown. I became a Denver Nuggets fan when he was drafted by them, and I have followed his career through the long years and numerous teams. He was one of the greatest defenders in the history of the game. He could score when his team needed it, but deferred to teammates when it was for the good of the team. Not only was he unselfish on the court, but he has used his fame and fortune for the good of his fellow man. Most players who have been asked about Mutombo mention his big heart before his long wingspan. Here are a few videos featuring Mount Mutombo.







It will be tough not watching him wag his finger anymore, but I'm glad I got to in the first place.

No comments: