Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cinco de Sara

Today marks the fifth day of Sara's week long birthday celebration extravaganza. I would like to focus on what I consider to be her best quality. Sara is a special mother. I don't know if it has anything to with their dislike of me, but our children LOVE her. We gave Geronimo the nickname DT (short for duct tape), because he was always stuck to her. Now, Bodie is Little DT. It is not uncommon to see Sara dragging a leg with Bodie stuck to it. When the kids get hurt, they run to her. When they go to sleep at night, they want her to tuck them in. And she loves them right back. I can see it in her eyes when she rocks Bodie to sleep. I can hear it in her voice when she agrees to make each child something different for lunch or dinner. She does very well in her role as family doctor, tutor, referee, and stinky diaper disposer. I grew up without any sisters, so I may not be as sensitive to people's feelings as I should be. When our children cry it is sometimes hard for me not to tell them to toughen up and get over it. That is why I am so lucky to have Sara. She always rushes to their sides and quickly gets them to stop crying and feel all better. I could go on and on about how great she is as a mother, but instead the kids recorded some messages for her.











Tonight we are going to dinner as a family to celebrate Sara's birthday, and then there will be a special treat waiting for her when she gets home.
Happy Birthday Sara!

2 comments:

Ken said...

That top picture of Sara and Skyler is almost exactly the same, as far as their pose, as the picture of you and Maddie on your facebook thumbnail on the right. Is that the "Kelley" pose?

Sarah said...

Love this post. What a great idea. Sara IS a great mom and Josh - you're a great dad too. You're kids are wonderful. So so so cute. I love Jackson's display of how mom gives him noses. K, I'm gonna read on - I'm a little behind.