Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 3!

Today marks day 3 of Sara's week long birthday celebration extravaganza! Yesterday's flowers were deemed, "the best flowers I have ever received". So, I would consider that a success. Yesterday was Earth Day. When I took a couple of our kids to the Disney Store to get our Earth Day special gifts, I noticed a tote bag that I thought Sara would like.
So, Happy Bearthday!Today I would like to feature Sara's athletic side. She is an extremely good swimmer and even played some soccer(Since it is her birthday, we will call that a good thing). She did both in high school. Here is a picture of one of her soccer teams:


As an interesting side note, Sara wore #11. When I played sports in high school, I wore #11 too. Coincidence? I think not. This year for T-ball we asked Geronimo what number he wanted to be and he immediately said #11. He said that was his favorite number.
Maybe it is just me, but I think there is something extremely sexy about girls who play sports.
See what I mean? She is still very strong and powerful. (I have pictures of the bruises to prove it, but am saving those for a future domestic violence case). She doesn't kick the ball around anymore these days, but she will always be my all-star.
Happy Birthday Sara!

1 comment:

Ken said...

I like the all star picture too. Of course, I remember seeing her wear it way back in the day.