Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 6

Today is the sixth day of Sara's week long birthday celebration extravaganza. We will be getting together with some of Sara's family to celebrate numerous birthdays. It seems like half of the family was born within a two-week span. So, some of the family will be meeting at Sam and Bonnie's to possibly reminisce about photos like these:
Last night our family went to Bob's Big Boy for dinner to celebrate. Some of you may know that Sara used to work at Bob's Big Boy. Some of you may not. In fact, there are still times that I am surprised by some of the things I learn about Sara. I'd say that Sara is surprisingly talented, meaning that I still get surprised by some of the things she has and continues to do. For example, I dusted off the old Nintendo a while back and popped in Super Mario Bros. Sara asked to play a 2 player game. I thought I was doing quite well, given that it had been many years since I had last played. Then it was Sara's turn. She completely destroyed me! In fact, it didn't take long for her to completely finish the game. I shouldn't have been too surprised, because I remember a date to the Nicklecade up in Orem in which she beat the crud out of me at Street Fighter. A few other random things about Sara are that she played the violin and piano (but not at the same time), she won 3rd place in an elementary school contest for her essay on Martin Luther King Jr., and she makes amazing things out of fabrics and thread.

I'd also like to talk just a little bit about how great of a girl friend/wife Sara has been. The majority of our courtship was done while she lived in California and I was in Utah. However, it didn't seem like we were apart very much. She made frequent trips to visit me, and it seemed like I would get a letter from her in the mail every other day. She has always made time for me, and has sacrificed a lot for me. She left everything behind in California to get married and move to Utah. She worked to support us while I finished school. She's had to take care of me during labor with our first child and just before she went into labor with our youngest. She puts up with my sense of humor and the everyday possiblity that I will do something embarassing. The only reason I can figure she does for, is because she really loves me. I'm not a very affectionate person. I'm not a hugger, and would be just fine not touching other people at all. Sara is not that way. If she is ever close enough to touch me, she will. And, I actually enjoy it. Just her simple touch still makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. She is the best snuggler I've ever known(even better than the Snuggie). She is the perfect woman for me, and I can't imagine ever being without her.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARA! I LOVE YOU.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You still have a Nintendo. That's awesome.