Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Some People Go Fishing..............

In my family we don't go fishing. We go catching. I would say the best part of being in Utah is the fishing. It isn't the best fishing in the world, but the proximity of many places to fish (without graffiti on the rocks and a ton of garbage floating in the water) is a huge bonus. We spent numerous days catching fish. We hit Hobble Creek, Thistle Creek, Diamond Fork, Jordanelle Reservoir and Vivian Park for the kids. Most people couldn't catch close to 40 fish in a few hours and claim that they were rusty, but I'm not most people. Travel tip: When fishing in teams, make sure you are on mine. We split up into pairs when we fished the creeks and my team caught the most each time. I caught rainbow trout, brown trout, cutthroat trout, small mouth bass and even a carp. I also got slapped across the chin by Knick's fishing rod(with the lure on the end of it). Kyle hooked Sara in the head. Mike did more damage to the trees than they are doing in the rain forrests. I had a very enjoyable movement of my bowels, but will refrain from sharing further details. All the kids except Bodie caught fish. Travel tip: Vivian Park is fishing only for children and the handicapped. It is fairly easy to catch fish there and I recommend it, if you are working with kids just learning to fish. The one thing I truly miss about Utah is the fishing.















No comments: