Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Day at the Museum

It was getting close to the end of our vacation and the kids wanted to get out of the house. We decided that since they are like wild animals, we would take them to visit some friends. We dedicated a day to visiting various museums. The good thing about most museums is that they are very cheap to visit. The thing I don't like about most museums is that there is the unwritten vow of silence when you are in them. It's just like the library. I don't know who came up with the whole you can't learn if you can't hear a pin drop idea, but I would like to punch them in the gut in the middle of the library and see if they would keep it quiet.
There are many museums on and around the BYU campus. We visited a few of them. The kids' favorite was the Bean Life Science Museum(which it turns out has nothing to do with legumes). Here are some pictures from the day at the museum: (As a side note, Skyler took some of these. She is really starting to get pretty good at it, in my non-professional opinion.)


Maybe this is why they want to keep it quiet in there?
I thought this guy could use a meal too.

I've been properly identified.
Monkey see.
Monkey do.

I don't know which one is more intimidating.

Geronimo was the only one brave enough to pet the iguana.

That sure was one horny elephant.


There were all kinds of wildebeests there.


Kyle's favorite animal.
Could this be the tail-end of a disagreement between cousins?
Madison loved the butterfly made of butterflies.
All in all, it was a good day. The kids liked the museums, and I finally visited them for the first time(it's not like I graduated from BYU or anything). I would have included pictures from the museum of art, but we got shut down like paparazzi outside a Betty Ford Clinic.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

in the picture where jack is petting the iguana, Sara and Skyler have the "monkey see, monkey do" thing going on.

Mr. Mustachio said...

I hadn't noticed that before. You're probably pretty good at those Where's Waldo books.