Wednesday, July 22, 2009

All in a Day's Work

We dedicated a day to spending time a little further north of Provo. Our first stop was the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house.
The temple was nice. If you are ever near a new temple, I highly recommend going through the open house. Especially if you aren't a member of our church, because this is the only time you will be able to go inside(and there is always free cookies and drinks afterward). I was surprised to not have people trying to hand me pamphlets about how terrible the mormons are(maybe that is just a California thing?). It was windy and the sun was shining right in our eyes no matter where we were. See if you can tell that from the pictures.




Mike is actually wearing the tie I gave him for Father's Day!
It was at this point that we said goodbye to Knick. We cut it close getting to the airport and he ran out of the car and into the airport just in time to miss his flight by 2 minutes. He got put on the next flight and he was gone. We all missed Uncle Knick. But Knick was the true loser in all of this, because he didn't get a chance to finish the day with us.

As I previously mentioned, Jed's family was unable to join us for vacation. I haven't heard her actually say it, but I am pretty sure that Cyndi's biggest regret was not being able to enjoy some of Dee's delicious food. As you may or may not know my favorite sit-down restaurant back home is Norm's. Dee's is probably the closest thing Utah has to Norm's.
We pity the fools who don't like Dee's!
Don't mess with Dee's.

I'm pretty sure that Kyle had experienced Dee's before, but he didn't seemed too stoked about eating Dee's again.
Not long after this, I received a phone call from Mike's buttons begging me to stop taking him to such good restaurants. He couldn't help but fill himself up with Dee's.

Sara getting next to Dee's.
After filling ourselves with Dee's, we went to watch a movie about Joseph Smith. I was waiting for some new twist in the plot, but it never came. I guess all my previous studies spoiled the ending for me. Sara didn't see much of the film, as Bodie became rowdy pretty early on. After the movie we headed outside for a brief photo session.





Next stop for the day was Cabela's (or, as Mike sometimes likes to call it Caballa's). We spent a few hours in that place, and I think Mike was just hoping for them to invite him to move in. The kids liked looking at the animals and feeding the fish. They also liked the shooting gallery. Travel tip: When visiting Cabela's you might be able to score some free tokens for the shooting gallery simply by asking a worker for some. I discovered that certain targets when hit would spray water at the shooter. Using this new found knowledge I would hit targets down the row that would result in spraying other shooters. It was well worth the zero dollars spent. Since they liked shooting so much, each of the kids walked out of there with a gun of their own (toy versions, of course).


1 comment:

Cyndeez said...

You're right. It is my biggest regret. Thanks for all the updating. I wish my family would have made it for the simple fact that I could have had some of Deez. Maybe you can super impose me in front of Deez.