Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Go Meat!

Another great place to eat while in Provo is Tucanos. It is a Brazilian restaurant where they bring around various meats to your table until you tell them to stop. On top of that, they have a huge salad bar with tons of other good stuff.
Travel tip: If you register with them, they will send you a coupon for a free meal on your birthday month. Luckily for us, July is my birthday and my mother's birthday as well(Happy Birthday Mom!). I've eaten at many restaurants similar to Tucanos, but none even come close to matching the taste and experience. I tried chicken heart for the first time. You'd probably be surprised to know that it tasted like chicken. The men thought it would be interesting to see who would eat the most. So, we weighed in just before leaving to see the movie Up! Right after the movie(which I didn't see much of, because Bodie got rowdy) we headed to Tucanos. When we got home, we each took turns stepping on the scale. All us brothers were close to having gained 3 pounds. We began disputing who had been most successful when Mike hit the scale. Then there was silence. 11 pounds! The competition was over. I'm still a little sceptical, but it could be that the only magic Mike did was make a lot of meat disappear. Travel tip: Never bet against Mike in a food eating competition.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

What more could I ask for on a Wed. morning than to start my day off with a serving of Mr. Mustachio?? Your trip sounded like a blast. I've never eaten at Osaka or Tucanos. I'm pretty sure there's an Osaka here in Vegas. We'll have to give it a try. Maybe it's not the same though? Also, can you believe I've never been fishing? Never. And, that fair thing looked like a lot of fun.

Wish we could have come for the blessing. Glad it was a success. Good to see Knick with some facetime on th' old blog.

Tell Bodie I'm sorry about his injury. Poor kid.

And, your wife, that's Sara to you, is lookin' hot! "Shhhhmokin'!"

Mr. Mustachio said...

You've never eaten at Tucanos or Osaka, and never been fishing? I may or may not have just unfriended you on facebook. You're spot on about Sara though. Lucky me!