Friday, August 29, 2008

HumanitHAIRian

One of Skyler's best qualities is her concern for others. Her prayers often mention people who are sick or have other problems. She will sometimes ask Heavenly Father to bless himself and Jesus to be happy, to bless Satan so he will stop doing bad things, and to bless the earth. Her prayers serve as reminders to me of things to mention in my prayers.

She not only remembers others in her prayers, but also tries to do what she can to help. After learning about the 3 R's in school, she came home and started telling us about things we could do to help the earth. I agreed with her and she was pretty stoked when I played this song for her:

We went over a list of things we can do to help preserve the planet. Thanks to her we now use these to do our grocery shopping.
When we told her about the Locks of Love Organization, she was a little skeptical about growing her hair out. But, once she realized that she would be helping out another girl who had no hair she was o.k. with it. I recall that being back in February, and her hair looking like this:She finally got it cut yesterday. Here are some before, during, and after shots of the event.

If you feel like growing your hair out to help stay warm in the winter, I would encourage you to check out Locks of Love. You'd be doing a very nice thing. I'm very proud of Skyler. My only fear is that she will soon start trying to get me to stop eating animals. How dare she!

2 comments:

Ken said...

"My only fear is that she will soon start trying to get me to stop eating animals. How dare she!"

Gotta draw the line somewhere!

Anonymous said...

She looks so PRETTY!! Love the hair.