Wednesday, August 20, 2008

You're Cordially Invited

Tomorrow will mark exactly 9 years since Sara and I tied the knot. Here is the picture from our wedding invitations:
Since it isn't officially our anniversary until tomorrow, I invite you to return then to find out what I remember from August 21st 1999.

However, I can tell you the story of how Sara proposed. I remember that quite vividly. I was down in California during a 4 day weekend from BYU. She invited me to go down to San Diego to catch a Padres game. It was a Saturday night game and they were playing the Montreal Expos. I remember how stoked I was, because not only was I getting to watch my favorite team play, but I also was going to get to see Vladimir Guerrero play. The Padres were up 5-3 at the end of the 5th inning when I noticed a cameraman inching closer to me. The next thing I know I hear the P.A. saying my name and the scoreboard had the words, "Joshua, will you marry me? Love, Sara". I was in so much shock that it took me a second to respond, but of course I said yes. And the rest is history. I'm very happy that Sara got up the courage to ask me. Don't forget to sign the guest book tomorrow.

5 comments:

Sara Kelley said...

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Anonymous said...

What happened on April 21st, 1999?
I'm confused.

Mr. Mustachio said...

Sara, you are right it was the 6th inning. Sorry about that.

Mr. Mustachio said...

Huh? I'm confused as well. Maybe you should Google April 21st, 1999 to get your answer. Although I am a cornucopia of knowledge, I am not an encyclopedia.

Anonymous said...

Ok fine. See if I help you out next time.