Thursday, August 20, 2009

What's in Your Wallet?

If you looked at the photos in my wallet, you would think that I was married to a 20 year-old with one daughter. I probably could use an update, but I doubt I'll get around to that. However, I do have the above photo amongst those in my wallet. It happens to be one of my all-time favorites for multiple reasons.
1. It is in black and white, which I prefer to color pictures.
2. It has a very beautiful girl in it.
3. Sara is wearing her hair in pigtails.

I don't know what it is about pigtails that drive me wild, but I think they are awesome. Sara doesn't feel the same way. In fact, this is the only time I recall her wearing her hair like this. She had this picture taken while we were still dating. I requested it, and she mailed it to me. I look at this picture often to remind me how great life is. Tomorrow will mark 10 years since we got married. It really doesn't seem like that long, but that is what the date on the marriage certificate says.

When Sara and I were younger and didn't have as many responsibilities, we kept a notebook with stories about the times we spent together early in our relationship. I looked through the notebook recently and it brought back some great memories. There was a note in there from Sara that says, "Today, if a smile comes to you, a happy smile that perhaps you can't explain...........it's because in that same moment I'm thinking of you.........and smiling too!"

I don't know if she committed plagiarism with that note, but I really like it. Whenever I need to smile, I just have to picture her smiling. And luckily for me, I have a picture of her smiling in my wallet (with sexy pigtails).

I wonder what else is in that notebook...........................

4 comments:

Ken said...

Aaaaawe... *Bleck*

There are no pictures in my wallet other than the one on my CADL.

You called Connor a girl.

In truth, it is a great picture of Sara. Congrats on 10 years.

Unknown said...

Josh you are a big softie... Sara is a lucky duck!! Quack Quack

Sarah said...

I think the pigtails are hot too! She looks good!

Mr. Mustachio said...

Ken,
I know you have that picture of Ricky Martin with the heart drawn around his face in your wallet.

At no point in time did I call Connor a girl. The other pictures I have in my wallet are of Skyler as a little girl, and Sara and I in our early years. Oh, and about 20 pictures of Ponch(but who doesn't?).