Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Fat Guy, The Skinny Guy and Their Opposable Thumbs


Tonight Mrs. Mustachio and I left the mini-mustachios and went on a date. Ever since seeing the preview for (500) Days of Summer, I knew I wanted to see it. The Smiths reference sold me instantly, and since it appears to be a chick flick Mrs. Mustachio was easily convinced. Check out the preview for yourself:

Here is my non-spoiler movie review. This is clearly an indie style film. I think the best part of those types of films is the soundtrack. The music in this film didn't disappoint, combining a mixture of The Smiths, Wolfmother, Hall and Oates, Feist, and many others. The plot of the movie was just a bonus. It starts off by saying that it is not a love story. It sure does seem kinda like one throughout most of the movie. While it is not a love story, it is more true to life. I've liked Zooey Deschanel ever since I saw her in Elf, and she plays her role perfectly. Mrs. Mustachio and I agree that this is a great movie to go see. I will say this though; I don't think you are missing anything by not seeing it in the theater. If you were expecting major special effects and loud explosions, you will be disappointed(and probably didn't pay attention to the trailer).
Here is what we plan to see next:(click the movie poster to see the trailer)

3 comments:

Sara Kelley said...

loved the movie...loved the dinner...loved being with you.

Ken said...

Anna and I wanted to see that movie since you both liked it, but it's not playing anywhere near us. (!?!)
We watched the trailer for "Funny People", and since it seemed like it's about doing stand-up comedy, we thought we'd go check it out. First of all, there's not a lot of satnd-up in it, and the parts it did have were VULGER. In fact the majority of the movie is vulger. It also depicts cheating (adultery) as something everybody does, that nobody likes, but needs to accept. Super lame movie, what a waste of our date time. We should have walked out. Shame on us.

Paper heart looks interesting in a good way, but it probably won't play out here either.

Ken said...

I didn't proof read.