Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted


I went in the morning to my polling place and cast my votes, even though there isn't a Krispy Kreme close enough to get a free donut. You may have seen my prior voting choices here. I decided to vote NO on prop 5 and changed my vote to NO on prop 7.

I came to a decision on who to vote for as President a few days ago, and here are the results:
I didn't want to vote for Obama, because I think that the "change" he is going to make will not be a good one. I also had my reservations about McCain, but would have probably voted for him if I felt my vote counted in this state. I am not a fan of the Electoral College system of voting, and would be in favor of California distributing their votes proportionate to the results of the popular vote. My vote for McCain is worthless in California, so I decided to write somebody in. I chose Morgan Freeman. He is a great actor, so he would be good at hiding his emotions and stepping up to whatever role the presidency needs. But for the most part, I chose him as a good excuse down the road. When somebody complains about the president in a couple of years I can say, "Don't blame me. I voted for the black guy." or, "Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy." I went with Jedidiah Kelley as my Vice President, because I think he is most qualified to shoot his friends in the face(That is what the Vice President does, isn't it?). Some people may think that I am taking lightly my right to vote. I say that I am doing the exact opposite and exercising my right to vote for whoever I feel like. I did take the local propositions more seriously, and will be staying up to see the results of prop 8. I have found it interesting that it is claimed that the proposition has nothing to do with schools, yet the California Teachers Association is involved. Hope you voted.

No comments: