Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas List Addition

For those of you who have procrastinated buying me a gift up until this point, you are in luck. Last night helped me realize that there is an item that I am missing. Even though I won't be able to play basketball again for a very long time, I am still trying to keep Thursday night basketball alive. I make sure that the other guys can get into the building and play. At times this requires me to provide a key. Such was the case last night. I was up late waiting for the key to be returned. It got dropped off a little bit after midnight. After taking care of that I started to clean up what I had been doing and attempted to ready myself for bed. I was on my crutches and headed into the bedroom when the power went out. I haven't felt that helpless in quite sometime. It was pitch black and I couldn't see a thing. Unfortunately for Sara, I had to wake her up and have her bring me a flashlight. After that I was able to go brush my chompers and get into bed. So, the new item on my list is night vision goggles. I know it might be inconvenient to wear them every night just in case the power goes out again, but I am willing to suffer a little bit.

Speaking of suffering, all three of our kids managed to get pink eye. Sara had to take them to the doctor and get the drops to make them feel better. They look great today, so the drops must have done their thing. Sara was quite busy yesterday. Besides doing that and everything else she always does, she got to help jump start my car(apparently the lights don't turn off on their own, unless you leave them on for a really long time). It looks like we can finally start to enjoy the holiday season though. I think we have finished up the gifts, the cards are in the mail, and the decorations seem to be done. So, that is a good thing. We even get to go to my favorite Christmas party tonight.

It is the Ellis' Annual Christmas Party. I don't like the party for the social aspect(In fact, I really don't like socializing at all). But at this party each year they serve some great food. They have chili and some other items, but the highlight for me is the ranch salad dressing. It is so good that it makes saying hi to people whose names I can't remember worth it. So, I am looking forward to tonight.

For those of you who care, tomorrow morning the #5 Georgetown Hoyas take on #2 Memphis at 9 a.m. on ESPN. I may have to drop in for breakfast at somebody's house that has cable just to see the Hoyas dominate.
Seasons Greetings,
Mr. Mustachio

No comments: