Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Miracles

In the past I have mentioned my dislike of getting Christmas trees. In years past, Mrs. Mustachio has been pretty particular about the tree. I have come to expect spending a large amount of time at the tree lot cutting the twine, unwrapping the tree and shaking it out for her to observe and reject. But this year was different.I pulled out the first tree.
I cut the twine and unwrapped it.
I shook it out and held it up expecting to hear the many things that were wrong with it. But then a miracle happened. Mrs. Mustachio said, "That's the tree." I'll be honest, it threw me for a loop. At first I was expecting to hear her say psyche. When that didn't happen I started to worry a bit. There could only be a few possible reasons for her agreeing to the very first tree:
1. It was too "cold" to bear waiting for me to unwrap another tree.
2. Mrs. Mustachio has done something horribly wrong and is trying to butter me up before breaking the bad news.
3. Mrs. Mustachio is planning on doing something horribly wrong and is trying to earn a get-out-of-the-doghouse-free card before she does.
4. It was actually a good tree (highly doubtful).
So, I am pretty much waiting for Mrs. Mustachio to tell me what she did wrong.

Bodie enjoyed the snowman at the tree lot.
Madison did too.
And here is the tree standing in our home.
This holiday season has gone uncharacteristically smooth. I will share a few examples with you.
We got all the decorations up pretty early this year. Here are a couple of my favorites.
If you look into our kitchen window, you will see a major award.
This is probably my favorite of our Christmas displays (The Padres snowman comes in a close 2nd). It is Santa paying respect to Baby Jesus (although, I don't remember that part in the bible) as the 3 budwisemen(they are made out of Budweiser bottles) look on.

We were able to make a trip to Disneyland on Monday and the kids got to see Santa.
Bodie wasn't too sure of the whole experience.Madison has been very scared of Santa in years past, but overcame the fear during her wait in line. She isn't crying for the first time that I can remember.Geronimo asked for a football.And Skyler asked for a hula hoop.

It was a good quick trip and we knocked a couple things off our Christmas traditions list. I currently have only one gift left to get, and that will be easy. Most other preparations (that I am responsible for) have been completed. A Christmas Story has been watched, we took our family Christmas pictures and we will be heading out to see the DWP Light Festival on Monday. Feel free to call if you want to join us. So, this holiday season has been surprisingly smooth compared to what I expected. Hopefully I didn't just jinx it. Hope you are enjoying Hanuka!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We must know the same Debra. And, we must be cousins. Great minds think alike.

http://picasaweb.google.com/SarahMVidal/December2008VidalFamily#5277293841866591234

The tree is perfect. Sara was right.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.