Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Does Anybody Else Remember This Guy?

On Mother's Day I was mistakenly remembering him as "The Unknown Stripper". After doing a bit of research, it turns out he was actually "The Unknown Comic". However, I did correctly remember him from The Gong Show. So, I wasn't really wrong, which keeps my track record of being right at 99.9%. Good for me! Here is some more about The Unknown Comic.

I would definitely like to see a comeback.

Speaking of old things, a post on Bean's Blog (Strongly Worded Letter) inspired me to finally get a new library card. Here is a link to the post. He mentioned the film The Red Balloon (a.ka. Le Ballon Rouge). Here is a brief clip to refresh your memory.

I immediately remembered it, and wanted to share it with our kids. Since I remembered watching it in school, I assumed they would have it at the local library. After checking their catalog, I found they had a couple of copies on VHS. It required that I obtain a library card for the first time in over a decade, but after filling out a form and speaking in a whisper I had the film in my possession. It really is a good view. I'm surprised some band hasn't reenacted it for a music video. The kids sat watching a movie without any dialog for the full duration. It was filmed in the 1950's. The main character was 6-years-old at the time, and the majority of the other characters were about that same age. I kept thinking that they should shoot it again with the original cast (at least the ones that are still alive). Anybody have their phone numbers?

2 comments:

Sara Kelley said...

nope!

Debra said...

I remember the unknown comic from the Gong Show and I did see the Red Balloon movie in elementary school. It has been around a long long time........