Sunday, May 24, 2009

More ketchup please

One of the worst musical performances I have ever witnessed was by a band called The Goat. At one point during their set the lead singer felt it necessary to tell us that he had spent some time in Arizona, and then said, "A to the Z!" It was so inspirational that I decided to load the family up in the in-laws car and head to Arizona to check it out. The kids didn't mind the drive, thanks to the DVD marathon that occurred.


While in Arizona, the men in the house decided to take a trip to Cabela's. I had not been to Cabela's before, but I highly recommend it to anyone else who hasn't.
Geronimo came along for the trip. He liked this car more for the gecko on it than the actual car.
The store was huge and there were lots of displays. Geronimo found his own cave.
After seeing Night at the Museum I realize that these animals were just playing possum (see what I did there?).
Geronimo thinks that anything made out of bones is a pirate, so he was stoked about the pirate dinosaur bird.
It was an awesome experience for Geronimo, because there was stuff everywhere.

I wonder how long they could keep a fence like this at the zoo.
This was one of my favorite parts. You'll notice the frozen moose behind Jackson.
When you take a closer look at the water the moose is standing in you'll notice a ton of fish.
Maybe it's just me, but I thought that was awesome.
Nice beaver!
Head on! Apply directly to the forehead. Head on! Apply directly to the forehead. Head on! Apply directly to the forehead.
This is what happens to jackalopes.
They also had a shooting gallery there. Geronimo likes shooting at things.
He was surprisingly accurate. Surprisingly, because he was hitting targets that he wasn't aiming at.
Grandpa made the trip as well.
I don't know how they get the animals into poses like this, but if I don't stick around much longer I would like to be positioned in this pose and be placed at Sara's front door to deter potential suitors.
They had an animatronic version of Mike telling camping stories. I wonder if we could bring him along on our next vacation.
This is a pretty horny bunch. I don't have photos to help document the tragedy that occurred while we were there, but I will tell you what happened. They had a couple of large aquariums with a lot of fish in them. There were quite a few endangered species in there. Nobody warned me before I walked in to the aquarium. Most people already know that fish naturally want to be caught by me. The next thing I know the fish had broken the glass and were vigorously trying to jump in my pockets. I can't help it, fish just want me to catch them.
As awesome as Cabela's was, it still wasnt' the highlight of the trip. That honor goes to our niece Hannah's baptism.
It was a good experience to get Skyler prepared for her upcoming baptism (June 20th). Madison is sporting her crazy eyes for this shot.
It was a wonderful experience and the kids really had a good time.
We loaded the car back up and headed home to sunny California.
On the drive home I snapped this shot. I need to know if there is a profession that requires you to be able to fall asleep in random positions. Because if there is, Sara would be perfect for this. Seriously, how can somebody sleep like that? Growing up with Mike, I thought that maybe I would see him fall asleep standing up. I'm positive that I will see the day that Sara falls asleep standing up. Unless, of course, I am already standing at her front door fending off other dudes with my snarling teeth.
THE END

No comments: