Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Clippers Experience

I don't recall if I mentioned it, but Skyler was awarded Student of the Month a few months back. As part of her award she was given a free ticket to a Clipper game of her choosing (as long as the opponent didn't expect to draw a big crowd. Of course, if somebody wanted to take her they needed to buy their own ticket. So, it only cost us $20 to sit together and share some tissues for our bloody noses. So, we watched the Clippers lose to the Minnesota Timberwolves last night.I'm pretty sure she didn't like being at the game, and I can't say I blame her. The view wasn't exactly great, and she didn't really like basketball to begin with. I was a bit frustrated myself. It seems as though the Clippers are trying to find ways to lose. They led throughout most of the game, but decided to start passing to the other team in the final minutes. That wasn't the worst part of the whole night. The worst part was by far the half-time "entertainment". I took a little video of the experience. See if you can figure out what it is.



























If you guessed a full court of people doing Jazzercise, you are correct! Seriously.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good sport Skyler...
Pretty strange half time choice...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
McFinn said...

That was a pretty mean-spirited post. Those people practiced hard for that halftime show & probably don't care what you have to say about them on your hackneyed & insignificant blog. Why don't you get a horse, move to the mountains & stop bothering everyone?

Mr. Mustachio said...

Morgan,
While I appreciate your use of the word hackneyed, your suggestion to get a horse and move to the mountains requires much more effort than typing a few words of complaint. Where would I even begin to look for a horse? Do you have any that you no longer use? And, why the mountains and not the desert? If in fact you are trying to make me go away, I would survive much longer in the mountains. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Oh! I almost forgot. I extend to you an invitation to swing by the house and pay me $20 to watch me "exercise".

McFinn said...

I guess the point I was trying to make was that it's easy to snipe at someone else's hard work from the comfort of your own keyboard...like me making fun of this goofy blog you put time & effort into.

You make it sound like these folks set out to ruin your night...I was there & think they performed better than the Clippers.

Mr. Mustachio said...

Have you really resorted to comparing world class athletes to people who do Jazzercise? While I agree that The Clippers could have done better(see post), I highly doubt that you will find many coaches who would substitute Jazzercisers for their current players (I didn't notice any slam dunks mingled in the routine).

As I matter of offering an olive branch, I will say this: If it wasn't for all of those performing at the half-time show (and those who came to support them), the place would have been pretty empty. Clipper Darrell didn't even have to raise his voice to be heard. Lastly, I would like to officially state that I do not feel like the Jazzercisers tried to ruin my night. In fact, I thought that Jazzercise had gone the way of the dinosaur. So, at least now I know it is still thriving.

Just out of curiosity, Morgan, did you stay for the whole game?

Anonymous said...

Morgan are you related to Words Smith?

Anonymous said...

Would you kindly e-mail me the 17 second video that you took of our performance? :-D
scarlette67@yahoo.com