Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tie Futures

I work at a job that expects me to wear a tie most days. Then, every Sunday I wear a tie to church. I don't like wearing the same tie every day (though I do have a few favorites), so acquiring new ties is something I like to do. Luckily for me, there is a day each year dedicated to giving fathers ties. I think the scientific name for it is Father's Day. Call me crazy (you wouldn't be the first, especially if you are a neurologist), but I'm a little worried that the demand for ties will be going up in the upcoming years. Basic economics will teach you that as demand goes up for something and supply decreases, the price of the item will increase. To avoid the future tie economic crisis I have a plan in place that has required me to father some children. Thusly, every year on Father's Day I get a free tie out of the deal. Initially I thought that 3 children would provide me with enough ties to get to retirement. Then I realized that I'm not going to retire from church, so I added a forth child. Based on my recent tie market projections I can't be certain that 4 children is going to be enough to make it until I retire from living. So, I discussed this with Bodie and he came up with a good idea:






So, around 1-11-11 Sara and I will be expecting our 5th tie market insurance policy. We'll have to wait and see if the market dictates that being enough. Happy Father's Day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HOORAY!!!! I thought we were the only locos in the family!!! So exciting!! Congrats!!!!

Cecily said...

Awesome!
Such great news.
You have a very beautiful family!
Good job. Here's to many more ties.

Jess said...

YYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!! I'm super excited for you guys! You make the cutest parents EVER! :)

Sarah said...

Can't wait to meet the next addition! And, 1-11-11, how cool is that??