Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dear Jed

Dearest Jedidiah,
I was quite pleased to see that you had started your own blog. I look forward to more posts. It looks like you may be in a little rut. I know that I have been an inspiration to you for years, so I am here to help. The other day I was going through some music and wanted to make a Depeche Mode CD with the best of their songs. I consider you to be someone who knows a lot about Depeche Mode. Please let me know what songs you would put on one CD (around 80 minutes) to highlight the best of Depeche Mode.

Yours Truly,
Mr. Mustachio

1 comment:

Jed said...

I find it very difficult to try and put together just one disc but If I had to this would be the disc I would make. In no particular order:(well it is alphabetical order but that's not the order that I would put them on the disc)

Black Celebration
Blasphemous Rumors
But Not Tonight (Album Version)
Dreaming of Me
Everything Counts
Fly On the Windscreen
Get the Balance Right!
Home
If You Want
New Dress
New Life
Nothing
Photographic (Some Bizzare Version) (Album Version)
Pleasure, Little Treasure (Single Version)
Question of Time
Route 66 (Single Version)
Sacred (Album Version)
See You
Total Length: 1:16:34

I would then burn a second and third disc with some of the more mellow songs as well as the songs that may fall under the "played out" category. those songs would include the following:

A Question of Lust
Agent Orange
Behind the Wheel
Blue Dress
Dressed in Black
Enjoy the Silence
Halo
Here Is the House
It Doesn't Matter (Album Version)
It's Called a Heart
It's No Good
Just Can't Get Enough
Leave in Silence
Little 15
Love in Itself
Never Let Me Down Again
One Caress (Single Version)
Personal Jesus
Policy of Truth
Shake the Disease
Somebody
Something to Do (Album Version)
Sometimes (Album Version)
Stories of Old
Strangelove
Stripped
The Meaning of Love
The Things You Said
Walking in My Shoes
World in My Eyes

Sorry about not blogging recently, I have an idea of what I want to blog about but haven't had the time. maybe this week.

until then, enjoy the silence.