Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

New Year's ranks really high on my least favorite holiday list. Perhaps it is the grumpy old man in me that doesn't enjoy staying up past midnight making a loud ruckus. Plus, I always had to try and avoid all the ladies trying to get at me for the New Year's kiss. But that all changed last year. Bodie was born on January 1, 2008 at 8:05 p.m. I remember us going to the hospital around 3 or 4 in the a.m. I also remember being more of a nuisance than a help for yet another child birth. I also remember going home after the event and trying to get some sleep and a bath before heading back to the hospital. They took Bodie to the nursery right after he was born and said they wanted to run a few tests. They didn't make it seem like there was anything to worry about. I remember being woken up by a phone call from Sara. She was in tears and some how communicated to me that there was a problem with Bodie. She told me there was a hole in his lungs and that he was admitted to the NICU. I remember getting off of the phone, getting in the bath tub and bawling like I never have before. I have never been so scared. I was worried about giving him a blessing and not being inspired to bless him to get better. I remember saying a prayer and immediately feeling a huge comfort. I knew that things were going to work out. I knew that I needed to pull myself together, because I needed to support Sara and assure her things were going to work out. I got to the hospital and was able to give Bodie a blessing. I remember how crushed Sara was to be released from the hospital without her new baby. Bodie gradually improved and we got to take him home almost 2 weeks later. He was worth the wait. He hasn't had any health problems since. He looks just like Geronimo did at this age, but he definitely has his own personality. We know his lungs are fine, because he uses them quite a bit. Unfortunately, he has been hanging with Madison too much and some of her rebelliousness has rubbed off on him. He's a walker now(I like to call him Texas Ranger), and doesn't hesitate to run away from me when he's about to get into trouble. Overall he has been a great blessing to our lives. He has increased our faith, testimony of prayer and the priesthood, and made our prayers more sincere. I can now look forward to each new year. Here are some pictures of Bodie from the past year:

4 comments:

Sara Kelley said...

happy birthday to my sweet baby boy! i love you joshua.

Anonymous said...

joshua is your sweet baby boy?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bodie!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bodie. I love you. I don't want to remember when you were in the hospital.
Love your oldest sister,
Skyler